Sign in to follow this  
draconar

visual studio express vs. visuial studio full

Hi guys,

as I had to format my HD and reinstall everything again, I was planning to give visual studio full (2008) a try. I had this cd I won from MS for ages on my desk, but was just too lazy to install it and kept on using the express version.

My question: are they compatible? Even though I'm going to work with the full version, my project colleagues won't have it and they will keep on working with the express version.

Would that cause any problem?

cheers!
Fabio

I worked on several larger projects on 4 computers (2 x Professional, 2 x Express) and have not had any serious problems. (Other than missing Visual Assist...)
The only issue I remember is that the Express Edition didn't support solution folders, only folders in projects. I _guess_ apart from that solution and project files (and binaries) are compatible, but I'm not 100% sure. I'd just give it a try.

I was able to get VS2010 from Dreamspark after using the express editions for like a year. There is no difference between the pro version and express except for more project template options. ;o