• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Heap corruption in std::list

This topic is 2597 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi
I have been trying to find the mistake about 1 day.I use <list> library.When i add somedata to list, it works fine couple of times but then it gives me an error:
"windows has triggered a breakpoint. This may be due to a corruption of the heap bla bla" and shows me function __forceinline void * __cdecl _heap_alloc (size_t size).

DUGUM* Solve(DUGUM *start){
std::list<PDUGUM> queue;
std::list<PDUGUM> queue2;

queue.push_front(start);

DUGUM* temp = NULL;

while(! queue.empty()){

temp = queue.back();
queue.pop_back();
if( memcmp(&temp->Case[0][0],&GOAL[0][0],sizeof(int)*9)==0 )break;
queue2.push_back(temp);
FindChildren(temp);

for(int i=0 ; i<temp->childrenCount ;i++){
queue.push_front(&temp->children[i]); //error line
}

}

}

and before the while loop i can add data to list with no error.I belive this line is curved :)

Advertisement
I am extremely suspicious about your memcmp() call. How did you decide to compare sizeof(int) * 9 bytes? Can we see the definition of DUGUM and related types?

Your memory ownership semantics are completely unclear. This could be causing your heap corruption troubles. It would be a lot easier if your code was written in C++ rather than C with classes. Using RAII and smart pointers to manage memory.

typedef struct DUGUM {
int Case[3][3];
float estimated;
float current;

struct DUGUM * children;
int childrenCount;

struct DUGUM * parent;
}DUGUM,*PDUGUM;

this is the DUGUM struct.I am trying to use a* algorithm to solve 8 puzzle problem.Infact my c++ code works fine with directx and can find the solution but i writed this code for my friends,they dont know classes and c++.This is a homework :)

case[][] member of struct stores the current positions of the tiles.In memcmp call it looks if the current positons of tiles are same with the goal node.

1 2 3
0 5 6
4 7 8(current)

1 2 3
8 0 4
7 6 5(goal)

Quote:
Original post by BuraCULa
i writed this code for my friends,they dont know classes and c++.This is a homework :)

So this is you failing to do your friends homework? Maybe they should try it themselves?

i am not spending my time to solve their problem.I try to find the mistake because i am sure one day, also i will face with that problm for my own work.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement