Recommend Wii/PS3 Games to play with my wife?

Started by
13 comments, last by alnite 13 years, 4 months ago
Any recommendations for something fun and not too mission/story-based, which we can pick up and play together in a more social way? Proper sport and driving games are out, so no PES/FIFA or GT5. Both fans of MarioKart and in the past things like Tekken. We have the WiiSports thing which we liked, but are bored of... anything in that direction perhaps, good collections of smaller games?

Individually, my wife does play games but prefers slightly more puzzle-based like Tomb-Raider, Prince of Persia, Lego <insert franchise>. Whereas I like sport/driving/deathmatch games/ I reckon she might be convinced by a shooter which has great split-screen mode, even to play it single-player, if it's more about strategy than reaction-times. Do any of the COD games fit this, or Heavy Rain, or something like that?

Thankyou :)
Advertisement
Little Big Planet!
Boom Blox for wii is fun as well. My wife and I enjoyed playing it together.
Quote:Original post by HuntsMan
Little Big Planet!
She's already got it, and loves it. It's too level-based for me, and also too cooperative... we'd end up having a fight when I got bored and starting messing about, the same as in Lego games when I keep shooting her.

So I'd say add competitive split-screen to the requirements.

Quote:Original post by d000hg
Quote:Original post by HuntsMan
Little Big Planet!
She's already got it, and loves it. It's too level-based for me, and also too cooperative... we'd end up having a fight when I got bored and starting messing about, the same as in Lego games when I keep shooting her.

So I'd say add competitive split-screen to the requirements.

If your wife prefers coop, why would you ruin her experience?
How about wipeout hd? Me and my wife play that sometimes,
and that's competative. And Monsters for ps3, we spent days on it! :D
I suggest both Donkey Kong Country Returns and New Super Mario Bros. Wii. They both have co-op, and are very polished games.
Quote:Original post by gsamour
I suggest...New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
I vote against New SMB for Wii for co-op.

It's a great game single player, but a lot of the co-op feels tacked on. There's a lot of places where the designers left just enough space for one player to survive, meaning the other players get to die a whole lot or sit it out waiting for the stronger person to keep trying the level until they get through.

I wouldn't mind if it felt like they did that on purpose, but it feels more cheap than anything else.
Another thing my wife and I do is to take turns with single player. She'll play a level, and if she finishes it, I'll play the next one. If she fails the current level, I get to try it. We also try to complete a level 100%, so not getting all the stars, coins, bananas, etc also means failure. Watching someone else play builds up anxiety, and then you have a lot of fun during your own turn.
Rock Band 3. Insanely fun, and even more fun with 2 or 3 players.
If either of you was born in the 80s, I suggest the Michael Jackson Experience. Similar to Rock Band/Guitar Hero, but dancing instead. Not so much of a competitive game, very casual.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement