Linking confusion

Started by
2 comments, last by jrdmellow 13 years, 4 months ago
Hey guys,

I have an engine that I'm working on, part of the engine uses FreeType2 and requires the .lib to compile. This is no problem, however, any project that uses my engine's .lib also has to link to FreeType2's .lib.

Can I compile my engine so that any projects built off of it will only have to link to my engine's .lib and not FreeType2's as well?

Thanks.
Advertisement
Try to find option: Use dynamic RTL, or Use runtime libraries when building, and set it to "no". This should link all required libs in your project. However I have only tried it with DLL's, and have no knowledge of how it may work with lib.
Maybe it will help.
Try to find option: Use dynamic RTL, or Use runtime libraries when building, and set it to "no". This should link all required libs in your project. However I have only tried it with DLL's, and have no knowledge of how it may work with lib.
Maybe it will help.
Quote:Original post by Misery
Maybe it will help.

I couldn't find any option that looked like that. I'm using Visual Studio C++ 2010 Express. I've looked at all of the options in the linker section, but I honestly have no idea what the majority of them do.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement