• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Chrislilc

(Fixed, tnx )Gui Projective screenspace. to " rectanglespace" , and back again ?

This topic is 2729 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there, I recently have made the change from Unity -> XNA -> SlimDX , now ive got a little problem , im working with DX10-11 and ive set up a load of stuff already, and im loving SlimDx amazing stuff, but i got a simpel problem.

Im currently making a Gui , but my problem is atm i define the location of my gui elements in projective space, -1 to 1 respectivly but what im trying to accomplish is to be able to define my gui elements with coordinates that will range from 0 till whatever my screen resolution is so lets say im at 1024 - 768 ,

512 would be in the middle , now ive created a kind of hacky way of doing this , adding up and deviding , and i calc what 1 pixel is based within a range of

-1 to 1 but this method is not really accurate on different levels.

now my question is how would one accomplish this with pixel accuracy with a resolution independent solution.

Probally a pretty easy solution at hand, just would love some help on this so i can resume my more brainmelting projects where i just am in need of a good gui solution.

Thanks again ,

Chris Fuller

[Edited by - Chrislilc on January 2, 2011 3:19:46 PM]

Advertisement
hey there tnx for your reply , srry for my late reply been very busy lately,

ive try'd to play around with a orthogonal projection but i cant seem to figure a right setting , what would i need to render a texture like i mentioned.

im still learning alot but im putting all my time in creating a fbx importer and animation system for my 3d engine. so far fbx importer is almost usable, and animation is in beta stages :) so far so good , and im loving my terrain editor :D but i feel stupid i cant even get a orthogonal prjection up and running.

development will be easyer if i can have a good gui for debug. so i appreciate any help i can get,

tnx alot , chris

k so i have got my texture on screen using the next projection matrix

Matrix ortoe = Matrix.OrthoRH(1, 1, -1.0f, 1f);

i was filling in 768 and 1024 in the first two variables 1, 1 this is where i was going wrong i guess 0

atm in my shader this is the only matrix the input.pos is being calculated with , i get a full screen quad rendered on my screen with this setting ,

im gonna try figure out how to translate this using the window with and height etc , still any tips would b cool tnx

, Chris

sryy nevermind there was another scaling matrix interfering with my calculations that i dident see at first, stupid me lol i think this is fixed now , just have to work out the details but i think i got it tnx.

, Chris

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!