XNA code not working

Started by
2 comments, last by ryan20fun 13 years, 4 months ago
using System;using System.Collections.Generic;using System.Linq;using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio;using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content;using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GamerServices;using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics;using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Input;using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Media;namespace WindowsGame2{    /// <summary>    /// This is the main type for your game    /// </summary>    public class Game1 : Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game    {        GraphicsDeviceManager graphics;        SpriteBatch spriteBatch;        KeyboardState kb;        VertexPositionColor[] vertices = new VertexPositionColor[4];        BasicEffect effect;        public Game1()        {            graphics = new GraphicsDeviceManager(this);            Content.RootDirectory = "Content";        }        /// <summary>        /// Allows the game to perform any initialization it needs to before starting to run.        /// This is where it can query for any required services and load any non-graphic        /// related content.  Calling base.Initialize will enumerate through any components        /// and initialize them as well.        /// </summary>        protected override void Initialize()        {            // TODO: Add your initialization logic here            effect = new BasicEffect(graphics.GraphicsDevice);            effect.VertexColorEnabled = true;            effect.Projection = Matrix.CreateOrthographicOffCenter(0, graphics.GraphicsDevice.Viewport.Width, graphics.GraphicsDevice.Viewport.Height, 0, 1, 0);            graphics.PreferredBackBufferWidth = 1024;            graphics.PreferredBackBufferHeight = 768;            Window.Title = "Matrix Math";            graphics.ApplyChanges();                       vertices[0] = new VertexPositionColor(new Vector3(-2.0f, 2.0f, -1.5f), Color.CadetBlue);            vertices[1] = new VertexPositionColor(new Vector3(2.0f, 2.0f, -1.5f), Color.Blue);            vertices[2] = new VertexPositionColor(new Vector3(-2.0f, -2.0f, -1.5f), Color.Brown);            vertices[3] = new VertexPositionColor(new Vector3(2.0f, -2.0f, -1.5f), Color.Crimson);            kb = Keyboard.GetState();            base.Initialize();        }        /// <summary>        /// LoadContent will be called once per game and is the place to load        /// all of your content.        /// </summary>        protected override void LoadContent()        {            // Create a new SpriteBatch, which can be used to draw textures.            spriteBatch = new SpriteBatch(GraphicsDevice);            // TODO: use this.Content to load your game content here        }        /// <summary>        /// UnloadContent will be called once per game and is the place to unload        /// all content.        /// </summary>        protected override void UnloadContent()        {            // TODO: Unload any non ContentManager content here        }        /// <summary>        /// Allows the game to run logic such as updating the world,        /// checking for collisions, gathering input, and playing audio.        /// </summary>        /// <param name="gameTime">Provides a snapshot of timing values.</param>        protected override void Update(GameTime gameTime)        {            KeyboardState newstate = Keyboard.GetState();            if (newstate.IsKeyDown(Keys.Escape) && (graphics.IsFullScreen))            {                if (!kb.IsKeyDown(Keys.Escape))                {                    graphics.IsFullScreen = false;                    graphics.ApplyChanges();                }            }            else if (newstate.IsKeyDown(Keys.Escape) && (!graphics.IsFullScreen))            {                if (!kb.IsKeyDown(Keys.Escape))                {                    graphics.IsFullScreen = true;                    graphics.ApplyChanges();                }            }            kb = newstate;            // TODO: Add your update logic here            base.Update(gameTime);        }        /// <summary>        /// This is called when the game should draw itself.        /// </summary>        /// <param name="gameTime">Provides a snapshot of timing values.</param>        protected override void Draw(GameTime gameTime)        {            GraphicsDevice.Clear(Color.MediumAquamarine);                        effect.CurrentTechnique.Passes[0].Apply();            graphics.GraphicsDevice.DrawUserPrimitives<VertexPositionColor>(PrimitiveType.TriangleStrip, vertices, 0, 2);            // TODO: Add your drawing code here                        base.Draw(gameTime);        }    }}

Trying to draw a square but it's not working.
Advertisement
Hi OneThreeThreeSeven.

ok i havent used XNA for a couple months now, im installing it right now so
i should be able to give a awnser soon if nobody else has.

ive only got XNA 3.1 and gives issues with this code but
here are possible solutions,

<posible solutions>

ive noticed that you dont set a view matrix on your basic effect,
have you tried

effect.Begin();
and effect.End();

pass.Begin();
and pass.End();

and have you tried changeing the last param of DrawUserPrimitives,

</posible solutions>

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

your Draw() needs to be more extensive, you need to tell all the "bones" in your model howto draw. this depends on your Effect

try this for basicEffectforeach (EffectPass pass in basicEffect.CurrentTechnique.Passes){    pass.Apply();    graphics.GraphicsDevice.DrawUserPrimitives<VertexPositionColor>(PrimitiveType.TriangleStrip, vertices, 0, 2);}
Dono if this will help but this is the code i used to draw models with,

public void RenderHLSLEffect(Matrix View, Matrix Projection, Model model, Effect effect)
{
effect.Begin(SaveStateMode.SaveState);

for (int p = 0; p < effect.CurrentTechnique.Passes.Count; p++)
effect.CurrentTechnique.Passes

.Begin();

for (int i = 0; i < model.Meshes.Count; i++)
{
mesh = model.Meshes;
game.GraphicsDevice.Indices = mesh.IndexBuffer;

for (int j = 0; j < mesh.MeshParts.Count; j++)
{
part = mesh.MeshParts[j];

game.GraphicsDevice.VertexDeclaration = part.VertexDeclaration;
game.GraphicsDevice.Vertices[0].SetSource(
mesh.VertexBuffer,
part.StreamOffset,
part.VertexStride);

game.GraphicsDevice.DrawIndexedPrimitives(
PrimitiveType.TriangleList,
part.BaseVertex,
part.NumVertices,
part.StartIndex,
part.PrimitiveCount);
}
}

game.GraphicsDevice.Vertices[0].SetSource(null, 0, 0);
game.GraphicsDevice.VertexDeclaration = null;
game.GraphicsDevice.Indices = null;

for (int p = 0; p < effect.CurrentTechnique.Passes.Count; p++)
effect.CurrentTechnique.Passes

.End();

effect.End();
}

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement