• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need some quick help

This topic is 5986 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all, I currently live in ALASKA. Having access to all technology more or less. I would like to get involved with game design and programming concepts. I only have made it a hobbie for 10 years and probably have just alone in PC gaming titles over 200. LOL. However, AK offers NOTHING in that department, LOL, No suprise there I am sure. Seeing how I can not move at this time, and I have read the beginners information at this site. I am still just a tad confused on what I should do first. I understand that I should learn c/c++. Is there any online training courses that could help me in this problem. I have not been able to really find much at all. Anyone else in a similiar scenerio, like being stuck in Siberia or something that is doing well?? LOL. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Anvil

Advertisement
Well... I am not in Siberia but I am "stuck" in Bucharest ,Romania...
If you, can ( read : have the money ) you should buy a good C++
programing book.( or more than one ). After you will be familiar with c++ ( it will take a while) you can move on to game programing. And olso a good book on win32 and game programing will be very handy at this stage ( if only I could found in Bucharest this sort of books and the money to buy them )
And stick to gamedev and other programing sites.

first off, do you have a compiler? if not, get a compiler.

one thing lacking in the beginners section is the question:

"Where can I get a compiler?"

a2k

• Advertisement