Sign in to follow this  

Building ToLua++ .lib files

This topic is 2540 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm attempting to integrate ToLua++ into my game, I have downloaded the Lua Visual C++ 2008 binaries and built the ToLua++ Win32 project, but this seems only to generate the ToLua++.exe and not the required lib files that I need to link to from my game. How do I build the static library files? Do I use the Win32 project? But the project seems just to be for building the ToLua++ exe.

Quote:
Original post by mvi
I'm attempting to integrate ToLua++ into my game, I have downloaded the Lua Visual C++ 2008 binaries and built the ToLua++ Win32 project, but this seems only to generate the ToLua++.exe and not the required lib files that I need to link to from my game. How do I build the static library files? Do I use the Win32 project? But the project seems just to be for building the ToLua++ exe.

Easiest thing to do is follow the instructions here - http://lua-users.org/wiki/CompilingToluappWithoutScons.

It covers how to build both the lib and the binary, but it looks like you've got the binary covered already.

Thanks, I ended up switching the Win32 build type to Static Library and building using the same files. I don't seem to have had any issues with this approach and it's integrated into the game engine fine.

This topic is 2540 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.