• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Corefanatic

DX9 Render target size

This topic is 2913 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all,

I have the following problem:

I'm trying out rendering to texture and then applying the texture to full screen quad.

When I set the render target to 512x512 it renders fine.

When I set it to 1024x1024 or my back buffer size, it renders nothing.
I've checked this using PIX, nothing gets drawn onto the render target.

I set the render target as following:

m_mainD3DDevice->CreateTexture(512,512,1,D3DUSAGE_RENDERTARGET,D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8,D3DPOOL_DEFAULT,&m_RT1,NULL);

however, as I mentioned already, setting any other values for height and width renders nothing.

Any tips where the problem might me?

Advertisement

Are you using a z-buffer too? What is the size of the z-buffer? It has to be same size or bigger than the rendertarget.

Cheers!

Since you're getting a satisfactory HRESULT return, this is probably not the problem, but..
Quote:
D3DX Debug doesn't give any fault...

Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing - it's not just defining DEBUG, the D3D runtime debug version of the DLLs needs to be turned on in the DX control panel.

Quote:
Original post by Buckeye
Since you're getting a satisfactory HRESULT return, this is probably not the problem, but..
Quote:
D3DX Debug doesn't give any fault...

Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing - it's not just defining DEBUG, the D3D runtime debug version of the DLLs needs to be turned on in the DX control panel.

Well, I do link against the debug versions and in Visual Studio Debug output I do get messages from D3DX like : D3DX: (INFO) Using SSE2 optimizations.

I have seen error messages before when I had other errors so I am pretty sure I do get debug info. Is there setting to for a level of debug info or is it constant?

Quote:
Original post by Corefanatic
Zbuffer: AutoDepthStencilFormat = D3DFMT_D16;

I meant the width*height of the z-buffer, not the bit depth.

You can set the level of debugging messages. That's why we posted the link to the DruinkJournal. Did you check the DX control panel?

EDIT: The messages should come from Direct3D, not D3DX.

Ex:

Direct3D9: (INFO) :Direct3D9 Debug Runtime selected.

( EDIT2: C'mon, Steve. Keep up! [smile])

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!