3D Minigame Ideas

Started by
5 comments, last by sunandshadow 13 years, 4 months ago
Hey there everyone, just a quick question. I'm busy working on my portfolio, at the moment I've done a 3D fps deathmatch with a bot and a 2D scrolling space shooter. I'm looking for ideas for another neat mini 3D game to include. Any suggestions?

Cheers
Advertisement
Do they need to be original or can they be "knock-offs"?

If ideas about existing games is ok then some come to mind:

- Wii Play Tanks game
- Wii Resort sword dueling
- Toontown games like:
- shoot character from cannon into water bucket. (I love this one!)
- catch falling things, player with most at end of round wins
- swim through rings

Board games
- Connect four in 3D
- Checkers
- you name it
- matching game

Do you need full games for our portfolio or can they be demos?

Steve
Moving you to Game Design.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Well, it's my personal portfolio, so I'm pretty sure they can be knock off's or demos. Any further suggestions are welcome.
A puzzle that would fit into an adventure game like a myst series game or jeweld of the oracle series game would be good. Another possibility is an implementation of a virtual rubik's cube.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Quote:Original post by sunandshadow
A puzzle that would fit into an adventure game like a myst series game or jeweld of the oracle series game would be good. Another possibility is an implementation of a virtual rubik's cube.

That's actually a brilliant idea. Never thought about the puzzle option. Do you have any further specific ideas for a 3D puzzle type game?
Quote:Original post by Whorse
Quote:Original post by sunandshadow

That's actually a brilliant idea. Never thought about the puzzle option. Do you have any further specific ideas for a 3D puzzle type game?

Well personally I like the ones where you have to move around weights or quantities of water. But ones where you flip switches to make circuits/train tracks are popular, as are ones where you slide tiles or blocks. There are also classics like Towers of Hanoi and the one about ferrying things across the river and keeping them from eating each other. Or the one where you control a little character pushing things through a maze, and you have to push things in the right order to not trap yourself.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement