Sign in to follow this  

ASCII Dungeon Shooter

This topic is 2501 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[b]ASCII Dungeon Shooter[/b] is a simple, high action and difficult 2d top down shooter. You are in a dungeon full of monsters and turrets and your goal is to escape with your life, but to do that you will have to find the key to unlock the door to get out. Along the way you can find new weapons like a shotgun, rocket launcher, grenades and mines as well as health kits to heal your wounds.

Download at [url="http://www.rabiddesignstudios.com"]www.rabiddesignstudios.com[/url]

[b]What's new in beta 5 - 2/2/2011[/b]
----------------------------------
[b]8 new levels[/b]
[b]new weapons - machine gun and laser gun[/b]
[b]new pickups - engery and bullet ammo[/b]
added unlocked maps of total maps to map select screen
[b]added difficulty selection[/b]
removed player lives
player takes no damage when teleporting
[b]added player sprinting[/b]
increased item drop rate
double ammo amount in drops
added auto weapon switch
added level name to minimap
added grenade sprite
added in game help
added pop up text for ammo and health pickups

Thanks,

Rabid Baboon

Hehe cool;)

Looks more like an ASCII-stylised game than the actual thing. It's a W.I.P. so it's obvious it's not perfect, but here's what I would love to see sorted:
- main character could animate while turning etc.
- I managed to quickly beat 5 levels or so just by holding SHIFT and running my way through - the way you move needs sorting out in general

Thanks for the replies.

@rachoac - linux build isn't going to happen unless there is a why to run xna on linux. sorry :(

@touch_the_sky
It was a pure ascii char game but then I changed the art to be made only of ascii chars instead of just singles chars.

Player movement isn't totally finished and the first 5-6 levels are easy and can be run through if you want.

What do you mean by player animate while turning?

thanks for your guys input.

Sign in to follow this