[.net] Mobile tracker

Started by
21 comments, last by frob 10 years, 7 months ago
In the future when asking a question, please try to use 5, or even 6, exclamation points. This will ensure that everyone knows that you mean business and your query is unlikely to remain ignored.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by karthikgowda
hi!!!
wat i've thought is making two applications one for wp-7 and the other a website!!!

Description : an app for a wp-7 which switches on gps without the user's notice and should locate the position(lat n long). then the lat n long is sent to the website(i don know how to accomplish this) without the user noticing it!!! and by the way i've to send a message to my app in wp-7 to switch on the gps to get lat n long coordinates through my website!!!! how do i do these???

Why should we help you develop an application that hides things from it's users and thus is definately some form of malware (or potentially worse because i don't see many legit needs , even at the classical malware level, for an app to send "without user knowledge" position data to an external source.
OMG!!!!!!! not malware guys!!! if a mobile is lost or stolen then u think the user will allow the gps to be switched on to locate its position!!! and to send data to find the mobile!!!! ok if there is any other way i can build a mobile tracker then pls let me know!!! that was just my idea!!!
Again: listen to the posters in this thread, stop shouting and start answering questions. Really, clean up your language, this is no way of getting valuable responses. These people are in no way deserving to be shouted at or 'forced' to answer. Behave.

1. What would happen if ALL applications were able to silently enable or disable transmitting location information? I'll give you some hints: massive bills on data communication, privacy violations, ...
2. You can still make the application but it would be very much like the Google Latitude => optional. Leave mobile theft protection to the telco providers.

Quote:Original post by karthikgowda
OMG!!!!!!! not malware guys!!! if a mobile is lost or stolen then u think the user will allow the gps to be switched on to locate its position!!! and to send data to find the mobile!!!! ok if there is any other way i can build a mobile tracker then pls let me know!!! that was just my idea!!!

Here's an example of how you could have worded this:

Hello,
I'm sorry i obviously didn't mean malware, the idea behind having it be unnoticeable is to retrieve cell phones for people who lost it. If it was noticeable it would loose it's purpose.
Can you please tell me which API to use it or point me to a short tutorial on the subject as my search queries on google didn't yield anything relevant?
Thanks for your time.

Notice the lack of OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello,
I'm sorry i obviously didn't mean malware, the idea behind having it be unnoticeable is to retrieve cell phones for people who lost it. If it was noticeable it would loose it's purpose.
Can you please tell me which API to use it or point me to a short tutorial on the subject as my search queries on google didn't yield anything relevant?
Thanks for your time.
windows phone 7 already does this, and does not allow users to program such an app currently.
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

hello,
well thanks everyone!!! now after seeing all these i've thought of not doing this project at all!!!

So someone pls help me out by suggesting some good n unique project ideas which i'll be able to develop using c#....

Let tat be as simple and unique as possible!!!!
An app that removes double exclamationmarks?

Seriously: The app you envisioned is still useful but not for tracking your mobile but for tracking your friends/socialgroup.

The WP7 allows you to access your friends on Windows Live so you could make a tracker that keeps track of all your friends or a selection that run the app.

hi
I entirely dropped the idea of doing anything related to Mobile(WP-7).
thanks anyways ernow and pls suggest me some unique ideas for the new project. What i mean is pls give me some lists of projects which i can do using c# :(
thanks a lot....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement