d3dx9.h missing (Not solved!)

Started by
5 comments, last by Ron AF Greve 13 years, 4 months ago
I was following a Direct3D tutorial on directxtutorial.com and one said I needed d3dx9.h, but it wasn't in "External Dependencies" so I searched it on my computer and it wasn't there. I do have the June 2010 update of DirectX SDK so I don't know what's wrong. Please help :/

[Edited by - AaronLLF on December 24, 2010 12:17:31 PM]
------------------C++ console nerd.C++ Direct3D n00b.
Advertisement
Install the DirectX SDK
Quote:Original post by Saruman
Install the DirectX SDK

I have that, when I said Direct3D I meant DirectX SDK, sorry.
Hrm, I manually added d3dx9.h to my headers by finding the code for it on this thread: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=433782 , but it still won't work. :/
As Saruman suggested, have you installed the SDK? Not just downloaded it, but installed it? Do you have a directory somewhere called "Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)"?

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the forums for everyone's benefit, and I can embarrass myself publicly.

You don't forget how to play when you grow old; you grow old when you forget how to play.

Like the others suggest you need to install the sdk. Also another thing to check is to make sure visual studio is including the DirectX sdk in the include files and include libs sections of your visual studio ide.
If you have the june version it should be located here:

E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Include

Of course the first part of the path depends on where you installed it. Add the include path to included dirs.

Sometimes rebuilding the whole project and/or exit VC++ might help (although I never noticed a problem when including files).

When using property pages. Tihs is what I jotted down for myself:

%(AdditionalLibraryDirectories)
is added in the Linker->General->Additional Library Directories, in the project self. Otherwise the entry there seems to just replace all library paths. Same for C/C++->General->Additional Include Directories

%(AdditionalIncludeDirectories)
Additionally check in solution explorer that the project itself also has %(AdditionalIncludeDirectories) listed (possibly as only entry.
Ron AF Greve

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement