[SOLVED] DirectX Game not working without SDK and VS

Started by
1 comment, last by Chetanhl 13 years, 3 months ago
Hi, I sended a game i made last week using VS 2008 Sp1 (VC++) and DirectX Sdk June 2010. I builded the game using Release Confuguration and Disabled Debug DLL in DirectX Control Panel also. I included directX web Installer so he installed directX also.
Even then he can't run the game. Error message he's getting is - "SetUp Failed"

Here's the link to Game Executable (757 KB) -

http://www.sendspace.com/file/char5n

This is the first time i tried to run any DirectX app without whole SDK and VS, please suggest me what i need to do ?

Thanks

EDIT : Here's my VC++ project File - Game.vcproj

[Edited by - Chetanhl on December 26, 2010 11:43:21 PM]

My Game Development Blog : chetanjags.wordpress.com

Advertisement
If the game runs on your machine, looking at your code isn't likely to provide useful information. I'd suggest you revise your program to provide more useful information to the user than "something didn't work."

When there's a problem in the execution of your code, tell the user exactly what the problem is and how to fix it, or provide the user with detailed information to pass back to you so you can determine where in your code the problem lies.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the forums for everyone's benefit, and I can embarrass myself publicly.

You don't forget how to play when you grow old; you grow old when you forget how to play.

Problem solved.
Actually problem was he doesn't have GPU so can't run VS 3.0 and PS 3.0 shaders used.

But he reported me that APPLICATION ISN'T STARTING ONLY, so i thought its some VC++ runtime issue or some release configuration i am missing and posted problem here, but it wasn't.

I just checked his PC using teamviewer and recovered ERRORLOG file created by my game and got the problem. Next time I better choose someone with more knowlage for testing :(

Quote:If the game runs on your machine, looking at your code isn't likely to provide useful information. I'd suggest you revise your program to provide more useful information to the user than "something didn't work."

Actually i posted the .vcproj file only which maybe helpful to check my release configuration options.

Quote:When there's a problem in the execution of your code, tell the user exactly what the problem is and how to fix it, or provide the user with detailed information to pass back to you so you can determine where in your code the problem lies.

Ya i have implemented a ERROR HANDLING SYSTEM that works great for my projects and also logs main initializing events in a text file. It help me pin point an error to a particular method of class immediately by looking at error message only.

My Game Development Blog : chetanjags.wordpress.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement