• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BrioCyrain

DX11 Could use some advice

This topic is 2910 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I could use some advice as far as learning Graphics/game programming goes.

Right now I am interested in learning how to program graphics/games in DirectX, but I have no previous skill in C++....I am planning on getting a Computer Science degree starting next year, but I also want to learn DirectX on the side as well.

Currently the only API I am interested in right now is DirectX 11 due to the massive upgrades such as Tessellation, but right now it's quite easy to get books and such on DirectX 10. Should I skip the DX10 resources and just focus on DirectX11 when I am able or pick up DX10 and then along the way get around to DX11 later?

Advertisement
My advice is to start by learning DirectX 10 because there are a lot more articles, books, etc written for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11, and then you move to DirectX 11, because I cant find many DirectX 11 articles, books, etc...

Also, DirectX 10 is very similar to DirectX 11 so you shouldnt have many problems in the migration...

Quote:
Original post by Aqua Costa
My advice is to start by learning DirectX 10 because there are a lot more articles, books, etc written for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11, and then you move to DirectX 11, because I cant find many DirectX 11 articles, books, etc...

Also, DirectX 10 is very similar to DirectX 11 so you shouldnt have many problems in the migration...

I see, I will consider it then.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!