Sign in to follow this  

SlimDX with DirectShow.NET and shader effects

This topic is 2335 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all,

For a project which I am working on, I want to display video onto a Direct3D surface. I am using SlimDX and DirectShow .NET library to achieve this. I have modified the DirectShow VMR9 allocator sample project to use SlimDX to render the video onto a surface. So far, so good.

There are now two thing I wish to do with this video:

1. I would like to blend in a Bitmap which will be used as a clipping mask (where onlt the white pixels let the video pixels render)
2. Suppose you would have each pixel map to an LED, resulting in a matrix of LED's. The panel on which the LED's are mounted is covered with a textile cloth, resulting in a diffuse spread of the light. This is the effect if would like to apply to the video rendered on-screen. I think this can be achieved by applying horizontal and vertical blur, and an additional effect is needed to let the bright areas light up more. However, I have very little experience with these things.

So my question(s) are these:

How would I go about achieving the abovementioned effects? Will I have to do everything in shaders? If so, which effects would I need to apply and where can I find some good information on implementing them?

Your help is much appreciated.

This topic is 2335 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.