Sign in to follow this  

DirectShow and Direct3D 9 - I'm going NUTS!!!

This topic is 2548 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello peeps,

I've tried to find something about rendering videos to Direct3D 9 surfaces, but everything that's ever been there has gone, all that's left are USELESS code snippets. Now I'm trying to alter this function that renders to a window:

extern "C" DLLFUNCTION bool IDIRECTX::PlayVideo(WCHAR* name)
{
IGraphBuilder *pGraph = NULL;
IMediaControl *pControl = NULL;
IMediaEvent *pEvent = NULL;

HRESULT hr = CoInitialize(NULL);

if (FAILED(hr))
{
return false;
}

hr = CoCreateInstance(CLSID_FilterGraph, NULL, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER,
IID_IGraphBuilder, (void **)&pGraph);
if (FAILED(hr))
{
return false;
}

hr = pGraph->QueryInterface(IID_IMediaControl, (void **)&pControl);
hr = pGraph->QueryInterface(IID_IMediaEvent, (void **)&pEvent);
hr = pGraph->RenderFile(name, NULL);

if (SUCCEEDED(hr))
{
hr = pControl->Run();
if (SUCCEEDED(hr))
{
long evCode;
pEvent->WaitForCompletion(INFINITE, &evCode);
}
}

pControl->Release();
pEvent->Release();
pGraph->Release();
CoUninitialize();

return true;
}

What do I have to change to get it to render onto a Direct3D 9 surface?

Thanks for your help!

Quote:
Original post by MrChristianLaws
I've tried to find something about rendering videos to Direct3D 9 surfaces, but everything that's ever been there has gone, all that's left are USELESS code snippets.
Have you looked at the NVSDK (9)? If memory serves, the demo is "VideoFilter" or something like that (peraphs "Video Effects"). It renders files to D3D9 textures with some shaders. The code is surprisingly compact and encapsulated in an object.

That function you post won't likely work with minor modification (if memory serves) as you need to build the graph yourself using the DSToD3DTex9 (or whatever you'll call it) filter as the output filter at the end of the chain.

Quote:
Original post by Krohm
Quote:
Original post by MrChristianLaws
I've tried to find something about rendering videos to Direct3D 9 surfaces, but everything that's ever been there has gone, all that's left are USELESS code snippets.
Have you looked at the NVSDK (9)? If memory serves, the demo is "VideoFilter" or something like that (peraphs "Video Effects"). It renders files to D3D9 textures with some shaders. The code is surprisingly compact and encapsulated in an object.

Thanks for that, I'll have a look. Unfortunately, objects are often very difficult to 'dismember' and I strongly dislike using other people's 'libraries', I love piecing together my own stuff. On the other hand, if the code is compact as you say, it might be quite easy to extract what I need, thanks heaps for that!

Quote:
Original post by Krohm
That function you post won't likely work with minor modification (if memory serves) as you need to build the graph yourself using the DSToD3DTex9 (or whatever you'll call it) filter as the output filter at the end of the chain.

Yeah, I gathered that it'll require some serious tweaking, I intend to use the VMR9 filter. It would be a lot easier if you could still find the old "Texture3D" DirectShow sample, but it's gone.

This topic is 2548 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.