• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
apapa79

DX11 [DX11] Handling loss of fullscreen mode

This topic is 2907 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all,

has anyone worked on restoring fullscreen mode after your application loses fullscreen for any reason other than the user pressing alt+enter? (valid reasons would be alt-tab, or another window getting focus and causing your app to lose fullscreen focus).

For example, using the default DXGI behavior, when my application is running in fullscreen mode and I press alt-tab, if after that I select the application icon in the task bar my app keeps running in windowed mode. Desired behavior would be for the app to regain fullscreen focus before continuing. This happens in all DirectX samples as well.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Advertisement
For better efficiency and performance usually you need to process WM_SIZE messages when window mode toggled from windowed mode to full screen mode, and from full screen mode to windowed mode.

you can simply post ALT+ENTER message again to take advantage of this part of code.

[Edited by - standby01 on December 30, 2010 2:05:43 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!