Sign in to follow this  

Stupid mac problem, please help

This topic is 2545 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So after I installed some updates for mac through its software update interface, I realized later that my left arrow key does not work. I can use modifiers like cmd + left arrow key and it works, but just clicking the left arrow key does nothing. Even as I am typing now, I can't use the left key to move the cursor left. Any help? I tried the time machine, but it looks like I need a external hardrive to save things, so it never even got set up. So i'm not sure if I can restore at a point before the software update. Any help please

Put in Disk 1 of the Mac OS disks.

Restart the computer, press and hold C. Release the C key after the Apple Hardware Test appears on your display and indicates that it is loading.

Test the keyboard. My guess is that it is going to fail. If it does, replace the keyboard, if it does not, let us know and we can head to step two.

theTroll

Oh thanks. I solved the problem. I tried using the guest account to see if it worked there and it did thankfully. So it must have been some of the startup program and the problem came from speech synthesis server application. @TheTroll, I tried you suggestion and the OS did read the keyboard event. I'm so thankful I didn't have to go through all the trouble to replace the keyboard. Programming without the left arrow key not working as so annoying. Thanks guys.

P.S: whats with all these adds. I hope gamedev isn't selling out to the annoying adds.

This topic is 2545 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.