Sign in to follow this  

D3D10 question

This topic is 2542 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,
I am currently writing a simple Tic-Tac-Toe D3D program (for a project in uni).
I have a weird problem with the D3D Buffer.
Here's a small explanation of what I'm trying to do:

My program consists of a 'for' loop which draws 16 points in even intervals in order to form a large square consisting of 9 smaller squares which are the spaces I will use for the X & O inputs. So far I've managed to draw the board succesfully and I used a LINELIST topology to draw the lines that outline the board. It's all good, but I have a small problem. I have an extra point in the middle of the board which messes everything up.

I don't have much programming practice and it might be something really simple but I can't seem to find what makes it draw that extra point.

heres a screenshot:

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/4971/80978426.png

Thanks in advance

Seems like you're drawing more points than you have, going past the end of the buffer, or similar. How does it look like if you set the vertex-count in your Draw call to 2? 4? 2 less than what you have now?
If you try those you should be able to find which line has the faulty coordinate, and debug it from there.

This topic is 2542 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.