DirectX API

Started by
11 comments, last by EbonySeraphim 13 years, 3 months ago
It may be worth noting that unless your application is completely free (Not even Shareware), you need to pay for an FMOD license. If that's not a problem then I can also highly recommend it.
Advertisement
Well ... depends on the price of the license ;)
But money is at least not a problem i think. But thx for the note

I dont think that i will find enough time to complete my project at all, but its worht a try ;)
Quote:Original post by InvalidPointer
Quote:Original post by Sheradil
Well the Link is ... "ok"
But there is no DirectInput and no DirectAudio or DirectSound or whatever

The Graphics Documentation is more like what im looking for ... But i miss Input / Sound classes, too.
I just find those DirectX8 oder DirectX9 Soundclasses ... but thats not what im looking for^^

Because you're looking for something that no longer exists. DirectSound was deprecated with Vista and replaced with XAudio2, and DirectInput was on its way out with Direct3D9 in favor of standard Windows and/or raw input combined with XInput for 360 pads.

DirectInput8 actually needed no improvement when DirectX9 came out so they simply didn't update it. I recall reading this in the DirectX9 docs when it came out. However, Windows messages+XInput does not represent a superset of DirectInput8's ability to talk to any type and number of joysticks. Windows messages are good enough for handling mouse and keyboard input, but XInput only talks to XBox360 gamepads. XInput is better than DirectInput8 when you do have an XBox360 controller since it can use features of the controller that most PC gamepads don't have.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement