Win 7 Cursors(C++)

Started by
6 comments, last by CulDeVu 13 years, 3 months ago
What is the standard way for loading Windows 7 cursors in a program?

I'm looking for a way to load the standard listview header resize cursor <-|->

Example code greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
You can use LoadCursor to easily get some standard cursors. LoadCursor(NULL, IDC_SIZEWE) should get you a cursor for right-left resizing.

You can use LoadCursor to easily get some standard cursors.

Yeah, that doesn't seem to offer what I want. :(

LoadCursor(NULL, IDC_SIZEWE) should get you a cursor for right-left resizing.

No, what I want is the cursor you get when you adjust a header control in windows 7. It's like right-left resizing but with a line down the center.

Start -> Computer -> Drive (Cursor you get when go between Name/Date Modified/Type/Size in details view)
Do you mean like LoadIcon(hDC, IDC_SIZEALL) ?

Or like LoadIcon(hDC, IDC_CROSS) ?

I'm sorry about any spelling or grammar mistakes or any undue brevity, as I'm most likely typing on my phone

"Hell, there's more evidence that we are just living in a frequency wave that flows in harmonic balance creating the universe and all its existence." ~ GDchat

Do you mean like LoadIcon(hDC, IDC_SIZEALL) ?

Or like LoadIcon(hDC, IDC_CROSS) ?

No, neither.

Here it is in Office, but Windows 7 uses it too.
cursor
I looked for that one a while back - I don't think it is actually exposed by the API so unless you can find out where office is loading it from, I don't think it's usable.

I looked for that one a while back - I don't think it is actually exposed by the API so unless you can find out where office is loading it from, I don't think it's usable.

It's weird that Microsoft wouldn't provide a way to further tie code to their OS...

...The world just doesn't make sense anymore. :wacko:

'Aardvajk' said:

It's weird that Microsoft wouldn't provide a way to further tie code to their OS…

Actually, if it's not a regular cursor, then it's probably a resource that was included into the program, and then loaded the resource as the cursor.You would go about doing this by the #define preprocessor directive in the resource.h file like this:

#define IDC_FAVCURSOR 3001

, and then initialized in the main.rc file like this:

IDC_FAVCURSOR /* or whatever you defined it as */ CURSOR "Res\\favcursor.cur" /* the filename */

After you do that, you can load it into the LoadCursor function like any other windows cursor.

I'm sorry about any spelling or grammar mistakes or any undue brevity, as I'm most likely typing on my phone

"Hell, there's more evidence that we are just living in a frequency wave that flows in harmonic balance creating the universe and all its existence." ~ GDchat

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement