What Does Everyone Think About The New Site Layout?

Started by
486 comments, last by GameDev.net 13 years ago
Thanks Servant of the Lord!
Advertisement
I'm not sure if your name should be required in your profile options. I put a bogus name in for mine, but this isn't a professional site and the option for anonymity should still be there.

Is the left navbar going to come back? I'm lazy and the extra click of having to go through the top menu to get to the forums is one click to many for my tastes.

Uh... is there any way to undo a upvote on a post? Because I can't really find a method to do that.

Yes, and also, I think it would be a good idea to be able to downvote posts as well. Not as pertinent in the lounge but on technical posts would be nice to see that someone's post has been marked as officially unhelpful.
Love it!
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
The site is not terribly useful from a netbook device.

Suggested changes,
Get rid of the floating feedback button on the left
There is a giant white space below the Gamedev.net logo that i just taking up space (maybe it's ad inventory)
Consider redesigning the header area a little bit to consume a little less vertical space so you don't have to scroll to even see the first bit of content at all.
-Scott

Get rid of the floating feedback button on the left

I think that's only there till the new Layout has "settled in"
Wooh, quite a lot has changed over the weekend! The readable urls for threads are a nice detail. Still kinda feels like a new site (as in, an entirely different community) to me though.

A couple of things about posting; how about putting the 'preview post' button above the editor? That's where the preview is shown (I frequently preview my posts - though it seems preview is now doing a little more behind the scenes than it used to?). Good to see that + signs now show up correctly bytheway. Oh, and perhaps give the code tag a button of it's own, so hopefully more new users will see it?

All in all, looks neat. Let's see where this goes. :)
Create-ivity - a game development blog Mouseover for more information.
Epic. I login today and......... wooohooo new design.

Like it a lot btw. Nice change.
Lol, I can't use anything but Arial as a font. Silly select field hops back to it post-haste.

I am confused and angry and am going to go hide under the bed for a couple of days until I realize that it's not going back to the way it was, whereupon I will begrudgingly accept it.
Default fonts seem to be rather large. Changing zoom down one notch (in FF) makes things much clearer.

Also +1 for forum favorites. And some subforums don't appear to be properly sorted. General Programming is between Math and Physics and OpenGL.

Everything seems to be loading quite fast, so all the shiny doesn't seem to affect much.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement