What Does Everyone Think About The New Site Layout?

Started by
486 comments, last by GameDev.net 13 years ago
Bring back the username colors of Moderators (lightred), Admins (green), GDNet+ Users (yellowbrownish), Banned Users (red strikethrough) and Suspended Users (also red?) please!

This color used to be visible on the thread listing page and inside threads. It was a great feature.
Advertisement
I just opened (after some time) site in Rekonq and I found that there is "new" design of main menu running smile.gif. Just reporting that it works fine and is by magnitudes faster than the old one.

My current blog on programming, linux and stuff - http://gameprogrammerdiary.blogspot.com

The notification box seems to be broken since the menu update. There's no web 2.0 drop down attached to it any more, and even when I view my notifications, they're not cleared (the number keeps going up now).

Bring back the username colors of Moderators (lightred), Admins (green), GDNet+ Users (yellowbrownish), Banned Users (red strikethrough) and Suspended Users (also red?) please!

Seconded.

The notification box seems to be broken since the menu update. There's no web 2.0 drop down attached to it any more, and even when I view my notifications, they're not cleared (the number keeps going up now).

Yeah, that's being looked at. The old one appeared to do some ajax stuff when it was clicked, and the new rollover wasn't working so well. We're looking at options. It just might take some time.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Links in posts opens in a new tab, but also takes me away from GameDev, by also opening that link in the current tab. Very annoying, although no deal-breaker :(

Platform is Firefox 3.6.16 on W7/x32.

Keep up the good work guys, and you'll have this place working in due time :)
It is I, the spectaculous Don Karnage! My bloodthirsty horde is on an intercept course with you. We will be shooting you and looting you in precisely... Ten minutes. Felicitations!
It'd be nice if changes were thoroughly tested before they're implemented. With the latest change, nothing shows if I'm logged-in under my old account. Everything works when not logged in (thank goodness at least the Logout works under the profile dropdown). Otherwise I'm unable to see anything on any page other than just the logo, the ads, and the profile dropdown. No menu, no forum list, no nothing - just a blank white screen.

The problem's been identified (unresolved at the moment) but Heaven only knows how many people have been affected and don't know what to do! If they don't think to logout, they're completely stuck. They wouldn't even see any announcements about how to recover (which information doesn't appear to be available - yet?)

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the forums for everyone's benefit, and I can embarrass myself publicly.

You don't forget how to play when you grow old; you grow old when you forget how to play.

A quick question... I don't want to see who has repped my posts, but can I find which posts have been repped? If I spot my rep has cahnged, I can't right now see how to find out which post it's from... I don't want to have to skim all my posts to see which are (un)popular.

www.simulatedmedicine.com - medical simulation software

Looking to find experienced Ogre & shader developers/artists. PM me or contact through website with a contact email address if interested.

A quick question... I don't want to see who has repped my posts, but can I find which posts have been repped? If I spot my rep has cahnged, I can't right now see how to find out which post it's from... I don't want to have to skim all my posts to see which are (un)popular.

I think that's a plausible addition to the system. Certainly it would be valuable to you to know what has caused any change in your rep so you can take action - whether that is to defend yourself or note a change you should make in your posting behavior

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

The last changes are very welcome. The menu finally works nice now. If only you could do something about the full hang of the browser on any page (still the "intelliad" thingie), that would be awesome!

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement