What Does Everyone Think About The New Site Layout?

Started by
486 comments, last by GameDev.net 13 years ago
This is extremely spiffy, but I am still highly disoriented. Also, those blue feedback tabs always look like "facebook" to me.

EDIT: Are the user ratings gone forever? I kind of hope so, but then again, kind of not.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Advertisement
Personally I think it's kinda cool though I don't like drastic changes. I wish they would have slowly transitioned into the new layout instead of just completely changing everything. Also it kinda has a pre-built template feel to it. I don't know what do you guys think about it?
Woah, unexpected this is.

Very cool!

Personally I think it's kinda cool though I don't like drastic changes. I wish they would have slowly transitioned into the new layout instead of just completely changing everything. Also it kinda has a pre-built template feel to it. I don't know what do you guys think about it?

First impression: I like it, very slick!

The only thing that's bothering me at the moment is that the "Recent Threads"-box is so far down the frontpage. For me, it is one of the most important elements of the site. I really liked being able to see the latest discussions at a glance.

All in all, the new layout seems to take up more space. You could say that the old one was using screen space more efficiently. But I guess this can be somewhat fixed by adjusting the font size.
The only thing that's bothering me at the moment is that the "Recent Threads"-box is so far down the frontpage. For me, it is one of the most important elements of the site. I really liked being able to see the latest discussions at a glance

Agreed. The new layout is nice, but I would also prefer if this were closer to the top again.
I think it's really neat. It'll take some getting used to from the old design, but I think it's great.

However the reputation system going into post count isn't amazing - it's difficult to tell if someone's an old member or a really good answerer (which I've found on other sites; very often people have spammed their way to huge post counts, seeming knowledgeable and actually useless)

This is extremely spiffy, but I am still highly disoriented. Also, those blue feedback tabs always look like "facebook" to me.

EDIT: Are the user ratings gone forever? I kind of hope so, but then again, kind of not.

you have [size=2]Reputation: 584Excellent
so no, it's not gone, but it changed. like everything..
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

I think it's really neat. It'll take some getting used to from the old design, but I think it's great.

However the reputation system going into post count isn't amazing - it's difficult to tell if someone's an old member or a really good answerer (which I've found on other sites; very often people have spammed their way to huge post counts, seeming knowledgeable and actually useless)

In my opinion I am very happy they got rid of the old rating system because even posting a thread like this in the lounge would make my rating drop. However, I think they should have had a rating system where users can only rate each other up. This way you would know if someone was a really helpful poster but you would not have people down rating each other over silly things like they used to.

In my opinion I am very happy they got rid of the old rating system because even posting a thread like this in the lounge would make my rating drop. However, I think they should have had a rating system where users can only rate each other up. This way you would know if someone was a really helpful poster but you would not have people down rating each other over silly things like they used to.

they have. i have a reputation allready. yours is 0 :) no clue how to increase it, though.. how does it work?!

edit: ah, one can vote up posts. that's nice.

edit2: yes, voted your post, and you got a reputation of 1.
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

I'm in the same boat, so much change so fast scares me. The features seem cool though. I will miss the rating system.

New profile system is pretty cool though. I especially like the ability to attach files to your profile.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement