What Does Everyone Think About The New Site Layout?

Started by
486 comments, last by GameDev.net 13 years ago
rating system is there, but focused on posts now. bottom right of each post. should stop the downrating-orgies we had.
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

Advertisement

rating system is there, but focused on posts now. bottom right of each post. should stop the downrating-orgies we had.

Yup, I found that my rating is there (the part 1000 is trimmed away).

Definitely prefer a more post oriented ratings system than the previous one.

Anyway, like other people, I'm afraid of change. I'll get use to it, and all things considered, the new site looks a lot better. I guess it's more about learning the layout and everything. (Although I guess I do prefer more simple sites purely for interfacing reasons, and would be nice to have the Add Reply and Preview Post buttons a little higher up so I didn't have to scroll down to post things.

Anyhoo, what does "advanced member" mean? And what makes me advanced?

How do you get added to a Group? Also, how do you get your Title? Or change it?

Go to your control panel and set it to whatever you want. I set mine to "C++ Programmer" since it best describes me,
but that's only until I think up a clever enough witty statement like I'm sure everyone will use it for. :P (Gasp! where's all our great smilies? :()

61036166.png

Avatars and blogs are even available to not GD+ users. If you create a "Photo gallery" in your profile, you can then select a photo from that gallery to use as your avatar, or select one of several sucky defaults.

Anyhoo, what does "advanced member" mean? And what makes me advanced?

My guess is that it applies to anyone with more than 100 posts?
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

Very slick. Everything is so brand spanking new!

My two questions are:
  • Where did my Rating Points go?
  • Will we get the Black Theme back?

I would also like to know about a black theme. Or at least a darker one than mostly white. I don't like white forums just because after a while they are a little abrasive on the eyes.

Do like the rating system now. I didn't like how many people thought disagreeing with someone's opinion related to them being unhelpful or immature.

And yay multiquote! That's going to really make it easier to understand some of these threads.

And yay multiquote! That's going to really make it easier to understand some of these threads.

I still don't understand multiquote. It seems to function 100% the same as regular quote - at least for me on Internet Explorer 9.
I do kind of wish there was a dark/blue theme like we used to have (if that is coming, then great :)). Visually, the site seems very... big. All this padding and spacing makes everything look far apart. Will definitely take some getting used to.

gasp! We can attach files! Ok, thats new!
There was a saying we had in college: Those who walk into the engineering building are never quite the same when they walk out.
probe

I still don't understand multiquote. It seems to function 100% the same as regular quote - at least for me on Internet Explorer 9.

It pretty much functions the same as a quote, but now you don't have to have multiple windows open, if you need to quote multiple posts, or have to manually enter things.

That being said, there still do seem to be a few layout issues with IE9. I'm having a very difficult time going back to the lounge because my nametag in the upper left of the screen overlaps most of the links that I use to use, so I have to hit the community button now (which seems to also have it's own issues).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement