• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SteveDeFacto

How To Use Tortoisesvn?

This topic is 2901 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have started an open source project and it was easy to upload the files at first but when I tried to import an update it gave me a "File already exists" error. The problem is that it is trying to upload to the same revision though I do not see anyway to tell it to create a new revision. I eventually gave up and just cleared my repository but I don't want to do this every time I upload a file. How do I upload my directory to a new revision?

Advertisement
"Import" is a once-off process to fill your repository with existing data. Once you have a working copy, you should use "commit" and "update" to add and retrieve revisions.

"Import" is a once-off process to fill your repository with existing data. Once you have a working copy, you should use "commit" and "update" to add and retrieve revisions.

I don't see any options for commit or update. Do I have to do it through console commands or how does it work?

Are you in a working copy? A working copy will have hidden ".svn" folders - this is the result of a svn checkout. You may want to do the checkout into an unrelated folder, ensure it works, then replace the old one you were working on.

Are you in a working copy? A working copy will have hidden ".svn" folders - this is the result of a svn checkout. You may want to do the checkout into an unrelated folder, ensure it works, then replace the old one you were working on.

That was my problem! Thank you for the help I never would have been able to figure that out!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!