My conceptual Game: Attr-X

Started by
10 comments, last by AntonioR 12 years, 11 months ago
Hi.

I just discovered this forum :-). I've finished a beta version of my first game: Attr-X and I thought I'd announce it here. I would be happy to receive some feedback on it.

Technical: The game is made with the Esenthel game engine, although I used FMOD for sound. It's a 3D game, and you'll need a decent graphics board to run it. Oh, and I don't have a mac version ready just now. Only windows.

About: I wanted to make a virtual world where you can move around in, and move sounds in 3D. Sounds are presented by furry balls. You can drag them around, carry them or (using edit mode) make them move on a fixed path. There's not really a goal. It's just about exploring and listening to sound.

You can download it as a 7zip file from http://attr-x.net (about 200Mb)

Regards,

yvan
Advertisement
Hello people.

I've just made a first beta of the multiplayer version of this game. You can download it from my website. (http://attr-x.net)

Since it is the first multiplayer beta, i'm running the server on my own computer. That means limited upload speed. This may influence the performance. It also means that I have to adjust some settings when my provider changes my IP address. That happens about every two weeks. In other words the server will not be online all the time.

I hope you'll enjoy my game and look forward to your comments.

Regards,

yvan
This looks very interesting for a "pointless" game ;)

I will download it later and "hear" it.
Hey AntonioR,

did you try it out yet? How did it go?

Or if it didn't work out, please note that there's another new version: some small improvements in it, but also the server is hosted by a sponsor now. It should work much better.

Cheers,

yvan
This was great. My brain feels a little tripped-out from the wonderful world, it's almost like visiting an interactive museum show.

Great job, i particularly liked the mass of floating rocks, grabbing the balls underwater, and the "confetti" water pool
www.jamesdeanmusic.com
[twitter]James_Dean[/twitter]
I need to admit I was scared away when I saw the system requirements since I have a very old PC. Today I finally installed it and played in single player mode.

AMD Athlon64 3000+ (2000 MHz)
1 GB RAM
ATI HD3650 (512 MB)

On default settings (1280x768,shadows,high detail) I get only 9 FPS, so I turned off shadows and set the resolution to 1024x768, and lowered detail to get around 20 FPS.
Weird, since I played Half Life 2 Episode 2 with around 30-40 FPS.

I took the liberty to make some screen shoots of some areas I really liked (note this is on low detail):

attrx2011051714053778.jpg

attrx2011051714072610.jpg

attrx2011051714082928.jpg

This "game" is really an experience. Alone in a strange world, surrounded with weird sound and noise I felt like I was in Silent Hill again. When I found a group of balls together, the sound they produced gave me the creeps. I like the whole atmosphere and the graphical style even though I don't know how will it look in the end.

It would be interesting to see some caves in this game since caves have interesting acoustical properties. Maybe some ancient architecture, forests, swamps,watterfalls as well. You could really get creative if you have the time.
Cool project, it could be the start of an original rpg :)
---------------------------------
FAR Colony http://farcolony.blogspot.com/
Yeah, I know the video requirements are a bit much. The engine I use is targeted towards 'serious gamers', so to speak. I made this choice because I really wanted to be able to enjoy the world when I walked in it. And also, since I am working on this project on my own, and in my free time, I take into account that it will be a few years before it is really completely done. I don't want to end up with outdated graphics when I get to that point :-)

On the other hand I have realized that I could have made some textures and models a lot less complex and still have good results. I'm learning the graphic design while working on this project. It's not really my area. I will work on a graphically better balanced world during the summer.

I also like your other suggestions. I have implemented some acoustic differences over the world, but quite subtle. Caves should be a good addition, once I know how to design them. One of my ideas is also to implement walls that can be turned on and off by the players, with acoustic consequences. But that will take some time to implement.

Thanks for trying this out and giving some feedback. It's really motivating when that happens.

Cheers,

yvan
Oh, wow that looks beautiful. I shall have to do download and play it later.

Game Music Life

Because Game Music Is Life

What does Attr-X mean ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement