• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SageKri

Ai Idea

This topic is 2709 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I dont know too much about AI's but I do think this would fall under the AI Category and not Scripts.

I thought there should/could be a AI system that reads character data, like Levels, certain skills and even party details. then create a challenge for the party in a dungeon.
Think about walking into a dungeon, alone and have a handful of decent to easy mobs to fight, not much of a challenge but you come back with a few more players, saying this would be easy you notice right off that the path has changed, some of the lighting is a little different and what stood out the most... the mobs were more challenging then before.

I dont know, thought it would be a interesting concept to see happen in a F2P Game out today. I even thought of adding something like it to my own MMORPG but that would seem almost pointless since the digital realm was implemented.

Anyways, just a lingering thought if it could be made, what would you need to do something like this, what programs and such. I bet it would need to link itself to the database to pull the mob models and the maps.

Advertisement
As far as I know things like this are quite common in roguelikes. You should investigate that genre if you haven't already. Another good example would be L4D's AI Director. Although there's no dynamic map generation going on, mobs are spawned in different places every run, and there's a pacing system that makes sure players don't get tired of combat by creating some rest periods every now and then. I recently found an article on that here (.pdf).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!