• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
cokeeffekt

[web] Hax42 Virtual Hacking Game

This topic is 2660 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[font="tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida,"][size=2]
Hey guys,

I have been working on a Facebook game. I'm looking for help regarding feed back and play ability.

http://game.hax42.com

I'm looking for ideas, although there is game play there i feel it needs a bit more. I find people are playing for a couple of minutes and retiring it. Any help/feedback/ideas much appreciated.[/font]

Advertisement
I have done a lot of research in the past related to hackers and so forth. I think if i want to herd hackers into my game i would target the game for hackers and your ideas would be plausible. A couple of things i do know about hackers and that is alot of them dont play these sorts of games.

Im targeting people who want to feel like a hacker, i know the game doesn't hold any true value to being a hacker but the game play is there to emulate the hacking experience with out the tedious realism that comes with hacking.

Any way just to update you all, i have added a couple of new aspects to the game including missions, new cmds and various amounts of npcs to promote game play. If you havnt already checked it out or even if you have, have a play with the new features in the game.

[color="#1C2837"]http://game.hax42.com

Hey cokeeffekt, the game looks pretty awesome right now (although I didn't play it for very long).

You've got the right idea aiming it at people who want to feel like hackers - you could go a step further, and have provide the option to play the game in fullscreen mode. Perhaps hiding the big "Virtual Hacking Game [BETA]" tagline (maybe after the user starts playing) would also increase the buzz for players who are hoping that people will look over their shoulder and think that they're bad-ass motherfuckers.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!