You Are Old ...

Started by
54 comments, last by Antheus 13 years, 2 months ago
... if the answer to the following question is obvious to you: http://superuser.com...drives-used-for .

Have you taken your medicine already?
Advertisement
heh
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
heh in my teaching manual for a class it mentions floppy drives as a storage medium. This material is from 2008 which makes it hilarious. It's like they append a new date without paying attention to if the material is horribly out of date. I feel like keeping a floppy drive just to shock people. "Sorry I'm late for the presentation! Yeah I brought the powerpoint. It was large so I chained 6 floppies together. Problem?"

Also I don't know about your guys but I didn't hear about a zip drive until like the beginning of university when I got a job and found a zip drive reader in the back of a utility closet. "What is this piece of archaic technology?" My boss: "You see this was a form of data storage like the floppy disk. The university never really supported them. It could store a few 100 MB..." Apparently they never caught on in my high school since I never saw them.
Floppys are bound to make a comeback.

Put 5 of them in RAID and they can stream a single mp3 file in real time.
Hehe, nice one smile.gif
I'm feeling this topic. I'm also feeling its gravity as a self-sustaining flash of nostalgia.
I should be scared. I'm literally just 16 and knew this instantly and have done since I was about 5. D:
pleaseinsertthedisklabe.jpg
In the immortal words of wez in the linked StackOverflow topic, who is general failure, and why is he reading my disk?!
clb: At the end of 2012, the positions of jupiter, saturn, mercury, and deimos are aligned so as to cause a denormalized flush-to-zero bug when computing earth's gravitational force, slinging it to the sun.
I feel old because I had an A: and a B: drive. And I approve of every post in this thread.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement