• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
phresnel

You Are Old ...

This topic is 2738 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Yeah, I had a couple computers before there was such a thing as a hard drive in a home computer. You had whatever floppy, and the working memory, that's all. Oh, and the floppies were definitely NOT 3.5".

Advertisement

I feel old because I had an A: and a B: drive. And I approve of every post in this thread.

Luxury. We could only dream of having letters for our drives. Or colons. We did a LOAD "",8 and we were grateful for it.

I feel old because I had an A: and a B: drive. And I approve of every post in this thread.

I had only an A: drive, therefore I am just half as old. Otoh, I know this:

736px-Commodore-Datassette.jpg

Oh yeah.

Us talking about floppy disks must be like when the bearded ones talk about punchcards et al, zomg.

I can't believe we are quite that far along yet. The poster *must* have been asking rhetorically....surely......please?..... :o

@phresnel: Gotcha beat. I (still) have the cassette *and* the floppy drive (which cost more than the computer) for my C-64. I loved that machine.

Haha - I'm only 19 years old but I used to use floppy drivers quite a bit.

I can remember the noise my 5.25" driver made while the PC was booting.

I hated that noise especially early mornings when I didn't want to wake my parents up since they would force me to turn the PC off and go to bed again.:-D

I hated that noise especially early mornings when I didn't want to wake my parents up since they would force me to turn the PC off and go to bed again.:-D

Reminds me of the 56k modem. Whoever thought that not putting a volume control on those things was a good idea should die. I ended up ripping the speaker off. Still worked.

When I built my current computer about 3 years ago now, I bought a new floppy drive (~5 bucks) for aesthetics. I'm so used it I couldn't let go :/

Consequently, I have yet to use it for anything heh.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!