• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
technopulse

I Have Some Questions To Intro Myself In Game Developing

This topic is 2814 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone :) ,

I'm really happy to join this community :)

As I tell in the Title, I have some questions about game developing at all. I've read some info in the Internet, but there are things which I can't understand. Well, I have basic knowledges in Java and maybe intermediate in C++ but only in Console App writing. The info , which I read in the web, was really confusing :X One page told me something , another told me other thing , so in which can I believe in ? Now I think that first of all I have to clear what is game and what is the structure of a game. I know that every game includes Design part , but I'm interested in writing code about the game play - I mean movements, controls and things such these. I will be really glad, if somebody explains me. ? :)

Well , almost in every topic which I read I meet with MS Visual Studio and I'm wondering if It's more helpful than the other editors :? Secondly most debates about the programming language are between C++/C# and Java. I won't ask you which is better, but if you can tell me which language have more documentation and information about writing, so it will be much more easier for new developer like me. Oh, and one more thing, I read something about C# and XNA (specialized in game dev). Could you explain this too :? Please :)

Advertisement

As I tell in the Title, I have some questions about game developing at all. I've read some info in the Internet, but there are things which I can't understand. Well, I have basic knowledges in Java and maybe intermediate in C++ but only in Console App writing.

You can write games at the console too. Consider making a text adventure like Zork to get yourself rolling.

The info , which I read in the web, was really confusing :X One page told me something , another told me other thing , so in which can I believe in ? Now I think that first of all I have to clear what is game and what is the structure of a game.
[/quote]
What have you read? what do you think a game is? what actually needs clarification?

A game, be it graphical or text is really just a big loop.

while( running game )
take input
act on input
do automated actions ( ai / physics / etc )
display results

I know that every game includes Design part , but I'm interested in writing code about the game play - I mean movements, controls and things such these. I will be really glad, if somebody explains me. ? :)
[/quote]
Maybe Unity or Gamemaker are more what you are looking for? Let someone else do the heavy lifting in code, and just focus on making the gameplay interactions.

Well , almost in every topic which I read I meet with MS Visual Studio and I'm wondering if It's more helpful than the other editors :? Secondly most debates about the programming language are between C++/C# and Java. I won't ask you which is better, but if you can tell me which language have more documentation and information about writing, so it will be much more easier for new developer like me. Oh, and one more thing, I read something about C# and XNA (specialized in game dev). Could you explain this too :? Please :)
[/quote]
MS Visual Studio is one of the best IDEs out there if you use a language it supports ( like C++ and C# ). XNA is a game programming framework that helps to hide some of the complexity of making a game.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!