Gdnet Black (Alpha)

Started by
60 comments, last by EDI 13 years, 1 month ago
SO much better :), minor thing : the reply box is light , no big deal though.
Advertisement

Can we please go back to the white background for source code?! The color scheme is ridiculous and having to squint and/or highlight text so I can read is extremely annoying. Also quotes colors are just an eye strain. Quote that black and white
Perhaps the borders should be full-white or very light color (as it is now) while the quoted text remains in black background? I almost like the way it is now.

An example of source code madness: Crazy Code Colors
Agreed, I'd like less colors and more contrast. the blue used for {}+(): is terrible. If colors have to be here, I'd say this should be the same color used for keywords.

As a note on my previous message, the text does not look "light blue" on my desktop panel (TN).

Previously "Krohm"

Could the white background behind the site content be made dark as well? I tend to think it kind of clashes
There was a saying we had in college: Those who walk into the engineering building are never quite the same when they walk out.
I seem to have white backgrounds everywhere, except when actually viewing a thread. On a large window this gives two bright white bars.
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
Couldn't just make some of these available?

pictars
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
The iTunes and "Write Me Back" themes were cool.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

I'm looking at Zahlman's signature which is just a list of quotes (in the Black Theme if that makes a difference). And his last quote is barely visible. You can't scroll that part of the screen. Seems like a bit of a bug.

Referring Link: http://www.gamedev.n...e__pid__4765747

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

I'm a GDNet black user as always. It looks mostly OK now, but there are many issues with hard-to-distinguish colors.

There are lightgray on slightly different lightgrey things: the Views, and the Stats column and "By" and "In" words when going here for example http://www.gamedev.net/forum/122-community-interaction/.

Then there are darkblue on dark background things, such as "Share this topic" near the twitter icons and also sort of the Previous Topic and Next Topic links appearing somewhere.

It would be nice if those hard to distinguish colors were fixed to make things easier to read :)
Another thingie, some smiley images have visible white border pixels.

Use translucent PNGs, IE6 is dead in the meantime, almost everyone and their cat's webbrowser supports translucent PNGs!
I'm disappointed to see the black theme is still significantly broken. I'd like to be able to occasionally browse GDNet without serious eye strain, but the new website still doesn't offer me that option.
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement