• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SIIYA

Lens flare occlusion test problem

This topic is 2720 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am rendering sun flare as a post process and everything works fine in windowed mode. Occlusion test of flare happens after entire scene has been rendered and I fetch results in the next frame. When I switch to full screen, flare (at some camera angles when large portion of terrain is visible) doesnt get rendered, even if sun is visible. Occlusion test works fine, or other objects would be messed up as well...I use same device settings (resolution, buffer formats...) for both windowed and full screen mode. One more thing is interesting...While I am moving camera in space then everything is fine, as soon as I stop lens flare disappears.

I cant see how either of these three things (window mode, camera movement and terrain occlusion culling) are related to lens flare rendering and maybe they are not at all. I have spent 4 days on this without getting any closer to solution, so if anyone can think of something, I would be grateful.

Thanks

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!