• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BubbaBBQ_JR

i want to make a Game.

This topic is 2721 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
The new site here on gamedev is under construction. So, for the time being, click on the "See old gamedev.net" link above. When the old gamedev site pops up, look on the left under "Resources." A good place for you to start is "For Beginners," then click on "How Do I Make Games?"

http://wiki.gamedev....o_I_get_Started

The Wiki's starting guide is better (or at least more up-to-date), IMO. Also a great place to start is Google once you know what you're looking for.

Yes, the wiki is far more up to date than the getting started section is (which is circa 2001 ish).

My first game I ever made was on QBasic and it was a pong game. Do that. Make a pong game. What it will teach you is about sprite handling, event handling, and input handling. Yeah. Pong. Good old pong.

ok so i choose my begginning language (C#) and my Libraries thing (FMod which is compatable with my language) now what do i do?

It's really not that difficult - the next step is to read the links we've already handed you! In the Wiki there's the section labelled "Educating Yourself" which comes right after Choosing a Language and Choosing an API (the two things you've done). Read that and follow its links.

(Do note that FMod handles sound and that's it. You'll need more than just that. But learn how to program in your language of choice first before you worry about that.)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!