• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
stoffer

[Direct2D] Create 64bpp images

This topic is 2721 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm new with Direct2D and exploring its possibilites.

I need to create 64bpp RGBA images. Have been struggling with this for a while now without success.

According to:
http://msdn.microsof...6(v=vs.85).aspx
WICBitmaps/D2DBitmaps doesn't support such pixelformat. :(

Can anyone confirm this?

The reason i need to do this is because i load and render input images which are 64bpp RGBA 16bits per channel.
So far ive only managed to load and convert them to 32bpp.
I need to load and maintain them in 64bpp and also be able to output as 64bpp images.

Does anyone have any suggestion how i can solve this?

Advertisement
Did some more reading and according to a microsoft whitepaper WIC do support 64bpp PixelFormat.

You can check it out here:
http://code.msdn.mic...?ReleaseId=1797
The "High Color in Windows 7" whitepaper.

[font="Verdana, sans-serif"]
[/font]
[font="Verdana,sans-serif"][size="-1"][color="#000000"]Windows I[/font][font="Verdana,sans-serif"][size="-1"][color="#000000"]maging Component (WIC) supports High Color formats using the following pixel formats [/font][font="Verdana,sans-serif"][size="-1"][color="#000000"]which enable high color manipulation of the content:[/font]

[font="Verdana,sans-serif"] [/font][size="-1"][color="#000000"][font="Verdana, sans-serif"] [/font][font="Symbol, sans-serif"]·[/font][font="Arial,sans-serif"] [/font][font="Verdana,sans-serif"][size="-1"][color="#000000"]GUID_WICPixelFormat32bppRGBA1010102[/font]

[font="Verdana,sans-serif"] [/font][size="-1"][color="#000000"][font="Verdana, sans-serif"] [/font][font="Symbol, sans-serif"]·[/font][font="Arial,sans-serif"] [/font][font="Verdana,sans-serif"][size="-1"][color="#000000"]GUID_WICPixelFormat32bppRGBA1010102XR[/font]

[font="Symbol,sans-serif"][size="-1"][color="#000000"] ·[/font][font="Arial,sans-serif"] [/font][font="Verdana,sans-serif"][size="-1"][color="#000000"]GUID_WICPixelFormat64bppRGBAHal[/font][font="Verdana,sans-serif"][size="-1"][color="#000000"]f[/font]

[font="Verdana, sans-serif"][/quote][/font]

[font="Verdana, sans-serif"] [/font]But i can't get this to work with Direct2D. That white paper does only mention Direct3D though.
I was hoping someone had experience with this or if someone knows a way around this, maybe using a DirectX Texture and a DXGI RenderTarget to achieve this..
I'm totally new to the DirectX API and i really need all help i can get with this problem.

[font="Verdana, sans-serif"] [/font]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!