• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Firestryke31

__fltused

This topic is 2898 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am trying to create as small a self-contained game as possible (think demoscene without the hardcore optimization and code compression and whatnot). As a result I'm using a few tricks, like including as few library files as possible. I am using Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express.

My game uses OpenGL, which uses floats, which apparently aren't enabled by default in Win32 programs. Usually one of the default libraries does this for us.

Most sources I read say to add something like this:
extern "C" int _fltused = 0;
However when I do almost my entire system slows to an absolute crawl except iTunes, I'm guessing because it can handle the beating my program is giving the FPU system, and my program still doesn't show the desired output (being a black window rather than an empty frame) probably because I'm still not enabling the FPU properly.

A few other sites suggest adding "libc.lib" or "libcp.lib" to my dependencies, but neither exist on my system.

What do I need to do to make my program behave?

Edit: Blerg; after a bit more debugging it seems the problem comes from my clearing the buffer, which tells me the problem is not with extern "C" int _fltused = 0; but rather my pathetic attempt to set up the buffer.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!