An educational game that teaches people to make games

Started by
0 comments, last by Platinum_Dragon 13 years, 3 months ago
I was thinking about tutorials and starting out with the steam sdk and vs, and I think a neat genre of educational game might be a game-like series of screens that resemble the different parts of the sdk (or other educational material) in part with text, audio, video, exercises in the environment, and other ways of learning to use the tools, along with scored challenges and acheivements. This could be used for things other than making video games or programming a computer with c. For example, a reading teaching game would utilize text and audio/video, along with mouse and clicking puzzles and ratings to impart a skill of reading with rankings and levels on a public server. This could also teach driving skills with certificates in a simulator online, or any other job.
*-----------------------sig------------Visit my web site (Free source code and games!) @ http://SpaceRacer2025.blogspot.com--------------------------------------*
Advertisement
[font="Arial"]You'll end up with more like an engine syntax that will allow the programmer to understand the features of the game engine. However, there will not be enough variety to fully program a system from ground up or the game will be too large a project to be release at once.
[font="Arial"]Create a separate game for each different game engines that you can get hands on. For each engine, you need to fully show each feathers and relate each features that can possibly be used in game such as simulation, data organization by communicating with data structure, basic user/programmer controls, etc.
[font="Arial"]Each game engine and programming language combination requires a separate game to it because programmers want to use their preferred language and preferred game engine. The tutorial needs simple an basic game mechanics, and also show that the complicated mechanics are just by combining the basic mechanics together or using advance mathematics.
[font="Arial"]However, part of your example shows that it's more oriented to game beta testing which can be a good deed for modders to learn programming. The tutorial that allows modders to transition from modding to programming seems to be a good idea. Beta testing is also part of game development, and it also allows people to understand intuition for the difficulty of the learning curve. Remember not to cater too much with hardcore because they are niches that cannot compete on the market it's the simple games that compete on the market. However, you need to balance materials for both simple game designs and complex game designs.
I use QueryPerformanceFrequency(), and the result averages to 8 nanoseconds or about 13 cpu cycles (1.66GHz CPU). Is that reasonable?
I though that the assembly equivalent to accessing unaligned data would be something similar to this order:

• move
  • mask
  • shift
  • move
  • mask
  • shift
  • or

So it seems reasonable to say that it takes 14 cycles for unaligned data since we'll have to do the series of instructions once to access and once to assign?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement