• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Xeogen

(yet another) GLEW topic

This topic is 2894 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Sorry to start a new topic on this hackneyed subject, but i have been trying to get the GLEW extension working on my computer and have been having some trouble.

Now i know that to get a fully working GLEW extension when using Visual studio 08 or 10 i need to convert the source files and run them in 08 (and then do the same for 10) but unfortunately i cant seem to manage this simple step!

Visual studio 08 keeps asking me for an executable, and im not really sure if this is already supposed to be there or if i am supposed to use a particular function of Visual studio to get this to happen i have also included a screen shot of what i mean.

So to put it simply

Cannot get GLEW working using visual studio 08, any ideas?

Advertisement
It is working. You are simply trying to execute a project that outputs a dll.
What you need to do now is start a new project include the headers and link against the lib files and you are done.

Hope this helps.

Oh i see! i think i get that youre saying! fingers crossed this works and i was just being an idiot :D

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!