• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
JasonSpine

Collision - lightsaber with blaster

This topic is 2713 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi. I'm writing a game and I need a help with physics. Please, take a look at this picture:
lightsaberphysics.png
White rectangles symbolizes collision detection objects. I've got a function, that checks intersection of two rectangles, and all I need to do is to handle these collisions. I don't need any advanced physics simulation. I need to get the angle of reflected bullet, or linear velocity of reflected bullet. Lightsaber can be moved or rotated (blade around the hand). I need a formula that accounts not only rotation of lightsaber, but also angular velocity. What phrase should I type in google to find something about collisions like that? Or maybe someone on this forum will help me?

I used ODE Physics Engine before, but now I want to remake the game with custom, better collision reaction. You can check it here http://www.pygame.org/project-Too+Many+Troopers+2-1707-2967.html

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!