Rendering a Book

Started by
8 comments, last by CableGuy 13 years, 3 months ago
I'm trying to render a 3D Book on android which I can wrap the pages ( page curling) , I've tried to load an MD2 file which has the flipping animation of the page and rendered the book as a .3DS file , but there is a problem that I can set texture of a specific page at real time using MD2 files .. For example , I would like to render the TOC page then after flipping I render the Chapter 1 Page and its animated. . whats the best approach for that ?
Advertisement
Have the page modeled as an object on it own, with a unique texture map?
Yes, but what kind of file format should I use I only have .obj , .3ds, and MD2 ...
can I set textures (pages) in real time ? and its animated model ??
The one that is most convenient for you.
can I set textures (pages) in real time ?
What do you mean here? you already got some kind of model loader, which loads a model
into your application you simply have to assign it a different texture.
OK , Thanks.
Regarding assigning the Page model to the book , is there a neat way better than that ? . The page doesn't look like that its a part of the book itself ..
I don't exactly get what "assigning the Page model to the book" means. It is the job of an artist to make the model and animation look good.
No , I mean the book itself is a model and the page itself will be a model , how do I "attach" the page to the book ?
I don't know about obj and md2 but in the 3ds file format you can have two different objects in the same file.
So for example you can create a model which contains two objects: book and page and programatically replace the texture on the page object.
OK , for your approach how do I animate the page itself ? make it curling ??
I guess the easiest way would be to animate it in the modeling program itself, but this way requires you to be able to handle animations in your selected file format.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement