Anyone else freaked out by the photos?

Started by
29 comments, last by UltimaX 13 years, 2 months ago
Man. This guy looks like he's going to sneak into my house and kill me:

http://www.gamedev.net/user/43813-ultimax/

GDNet has got too personal IMHO.
Advertisement
I don't mind profile pics. I wouldn't use one myself but I think its nice to put a face to the name sometimes.

Interested in Fractals? Check out my App, Fractal Scout, free on the Google Play store.

Anyone else freaked out by the photos?

I would be if your mom was on here.....

..... oooohhh ..... burn!

laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
Well now that you called him out, he has to sneak into your house and kill you.

Man. This guy looks like he's going to sneak into my house and kill me:

http://www.gamedev.n.../43813-ultimax/

GDNet has got too personal IMHO.

He doesn't look like a sneaker... he looks more like the type to put on some leather gloves, walk right through the front door, and kill you.
It's gotten too personal because I'm showing a picture of myself? I like to stay professional as I think most should. Would you rather I post some funny avatar that people have seen a million times on the Internet or post something that makes no sense at all? Also, what makes you think I'm a killer? It's getting personal because people are making it personal (aka like this thread). I have always thought of this website as a professional place where actual professionals frequent; perhaps I was mistaken?

P.S. I just got a new pair of gloves; I'll see you tonight B)
Honestly, if seeing a human face while browsing this forum gives you the creeps, how do you ever manage to walk outside in the real world?

Besides, professional relationships always have some personal element. Do you think people wear paper bags over their heads in business meetings? Do your professors, who might answer the same types of questions asked here, hide their faces from their students?
I find it weird to see the face behind some of the people who I recognise. It is odd to see how your expectations of age etc can be so very, very wrong.

@UltimaX I wouldn't dwell on it, it might just be the hitman costume =]
Sorry.
Mooooooooooo!!

Anyhoo, I have a face too which you are all very curious about, I know.
But I'm not a professional in programming, so you have to deal with my high-art cow.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement