Proof God doesn't exist?

Started by
401 comments, last by nilkn 12 years, 11 months ago

Capital-G-god is omnipotent and omnipresent, but not self-aware. It does not think, but it still is. Dilemma solved.

After all, even if you accept "I think therefore I am" as true, the reverse ("I am therefore I think") is obviously not true. You've not proven that God thinks, which has absolutely no impact on whether God exists or not (on the other hand, if you did prove that God does think, then that would have an impact on the question of God's existence).

Ok, that kind of makes sense actually.
Advertisement
I'm an atheist. ( It's not that scary, is it? I mean, have you played Amnesia? That's way scarier... )

I'm not really an atheist, I've actually read the new testament every night for the past four years with no exception. I'm reading revelations at the moment which is quite brutal and probably why I'm posting this. which reminds me... I think ill order a King James bible from Amazon while I remember.
You are trying to rationalize something that is obviously fiction but this is just going to lead you back to where you started. Embrace the truth and forget the lies you were taught as a child because they will lead you no where. A large majority of the people on the internet are atheist because it is the most logical assumption when you have access to an infinite source of information like the internet. The only people who believe in god are those who have been taught it from a very young age and who do not have the information to realize the truth.

If I told you that I had an invisible pink hippo living in my apartment you would think me crazy because it is an outrageous claim. If I showed you strong evidence such as a bag full of invisible hippo poop you would have to accept it as truth. God is a magic man in the sky which is an extremely outrageous claim and should require strong evidence but there is none...
Asking if god exists is like asking if bittersweet food is [font=arial, sans-serif][size=2]palatable.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
There is nothing scary about not believing in God. Believe in humanity, good will, creativity, innovation, and love - these are more comforting to me than any God, because I have experienced them and I understand the immense meaning they bring to human life. My only beef with religion is that it seems to bring false meaning and conflict - both inner and outer.
I am of the opinion that "I think, therefore I am" only proves that something exists, and not much else.

This goes on forever (god's god's god etc.)

Ha! The mere existence of stack overflows is a proof that god exists.

You are trying to rationalize something that is obviously fiction but this is just going to lead you back to where you started.

I often wonder how people are so ready to damn how close minded right wing christians are but pay no mind to stuff like this. I'm a christian, but I'd never go so far as to say the Buddha is fiction or that agnostics are wrong. It is just as harmful to think as close mindedly against religion as it is to think close mindedly for any religion.

If I told you that I had an invisible pink hippo living in my apartment you would think me crazy because it is an outrageous claim

if you got 4 billion people to also believe there was an invisible pink hippo living in your apartment and there were historical documents conveniently matching the timelines of other known and accepted historical accounts that said that this pink hippo existed I probably wouldn't think you were crazy. I wouldn't necessarily believe you, but I wouldn't think you were crazy.

I can't help but hate threads like this one. In my opinion it should be a standard rule that mods close these threads...

I can't help but hate threads like this one. In my opinion it should be a standard rule that mods close these threads...

and you're fat
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement