This forum problem

Started by
20 comments, last by tstrimp 13 years, 2 months ago
I haven't had any issues with this forum so far. Have you tried another browser? I've seen sites that load very slowly in IE, but are blazingly fast in Opera.

1129015808.png

~50 euros, in a tripple play contract (TV, phone and internet), in the Netherlands.

STOP THE PLANET!! I WANT TO GET OFF!!
Advertisement

In my country thieves are holding monopoly. I should get at least half of your speed for same 30€.

I only have half yours. 1.5mbps. I've been trying to upgrade to 6.0 (the highest they offer) but for some reason, they are too lazy to send people out. I guess they don't like money. When I lived in California, the speeds were much better (though I don't know the numbers).

The new site works faster than the old site for me though.

I've seen sites that load very slowly in IE, but are blazingly fast in Opera

Looks like its browser issue. Tested on firefox and IE and both have same problem, but with Opera it runs great, like before.
Not experiencing any speed problems over here with FF 3.6.13 - of course my tolerance level (in general) has been proven time and again to be way, way, way higher than normal...

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Just mentioned this issue in the Site layout thread (didn't notice this thread before): I have the same issue since about a week. Every site change (forum -> subforum, etc.) is stuck for a few seconds accessing gamedev.us.intellitext.com. Some ad thingy I guess, but there doesn't seem to be anything useful at that URL.

Happens with both FF and IE8 for me.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

People from outside the USA, and at Universities, please don't compete. It's simply not fair. sad.gif

How true :D

1129679006.png
@Gaiiden

Not experiencing any speed problems over here with FF 3.6.13 - of course my tolerance level (in general) has been proven time and again to be way, way, way higher than normal...

I also have that version of FF, and i even don't like to have too many unnecessary feature installed on browser, except these 3 add-ons:
AddblockPlus, GoogleDocsViewer & JavaConsole.

Endurion

...is stuck for a few seconds accessing gamedev.us.intellitext.com

That's the thing, while loading that, its stuck and i can't access any other tabs until it finishes.
Hmm - maybe it's more my end that GDNet :(

1129793517.png

Hmm - maybe it's more my end that GDNet :(

1129793517.png
It's still above the lofty goal of 2Mbps nationwide (which they have had to push back to 2015 rather than 2012)!

1129879039.png

Typical "up to" 8Mbps here. One potential issue with UK ADSL is that our phone lines have an additional third "ringer" wire which, being unbalanced, acts like an aerial and induces interference on the line, slowing Internet speeds. There are ways to disconnect this wire (from special socket faceplates to simply unplugging it) which you can find online though do be aware that the phone line up to and including the demarcation point (typically the first socket after the line enters the house) are the property of BT and should not be tampered with.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

It's still above the lofty goal of 2Mbps nationwide (which they have had to push back to 2015 rather than 2012)!

That's their rural target. I live in a city. :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement