The GD Coding Typo Dictionary (TM)

Started by
37 comments, last by fastcall22 13 years ago

Also somewhen I spend a few minutes to figure out the difference between DoQuickload() and DoQuickIoad(). And that happened to me only because of......

Looks like someone needs a better font. (after a copy paste to my editor, the difference stood out quite well)

stupid fasle, and
#incldue or was that #inculde ?
maybe i should make a new #defien macro?
Advertisement
Hey! I'm starting to think that maybe I AM a programmer. That FASLE thing is a nice hit.
I find I type almost flawlessly until I have to type in all caps. Then it just starts getting ridiculous.

'mind said:

Also somewhen I spend a few minutes to figure out the difference between DoQuickload() and DoQuickIoad(). And that happened to me only because of……

Looks like someone needs a better font. (after a copy paste to my editor, the difference stood out quite well)

I thought exactly the same after that happened and switched to another font, so I should be good now ;)
I don't really make those kind of mistakes often, since I usually know when I've made a typo straight away, and rectify it using backspaces. However, I always seem to write destory instead of destroy. Maybe I should type destroy over and over again until I always get it right.

Oh, and I also refuse to vote in the poll, since that means I have to answer the second question.

However, I always seem to write destory instead of destroy. Maybe I should type destroy over and over again until I always get it right.

You know how when you say a word over and over again, it starts to sound strange and you get confused about the pronunciation? Same goes for repeatedly typing the same word over and over. By this time tomorrow, you will be typing 'tesrody'...

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

I find that if syntax highlighting is on, typos like FASLE don't properly highlight and it tips me off pretty quick that something is wrong.
FALSE is a define, not a keyword (at least in C). So it's not highlighted.
Add a little spice to your headers

#define FASLE (true)
for the Python folks: what is it about those 4 keys

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement