• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr Do

Problems with partial bitmaps

This topic is 6109 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i have a directx 6.0 (maybe that''s the problem) app that runs in either 16 or 24 bit mode and displays a couple of bitmaps. I have no trouble displaying simple bitmaps... When i edit one of the bitmaps and add more detail/color only part of the bitmap displays, usually up to the part of the bitmap where there is more color/detail. After that point all that is displayed is a solid block of color. So, i have part of the bitmap displayed fine, and the rest displayed as a block. The bitmap before and after i edit it is exactly the same (all header info, size, type, and bit depth are the same). All that i am changing is the actual bitmap buffer data itself. Is it possible that even though i am in 16 or 24 bit mode i cant exceed 255 different simultaneous colors on the display. I can''t figure out what it could possibly be. Any help would be greatly appreciated... this is driving me nuts!!!

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!