• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingy

Which video cards can...

This topic is 6281 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

...do 2d and 3d together? Which video cards cant? Context of the question is DX7.. I can render 3d objects over a 2d background, which is neat, but Im wondering if this is a bad idea in terms of compatability.

Advertisement
Ummm well there are vary fue cards that can do 3D on them, the newer once can, this is called T&L ( translat and light ) most cards now adays only do Textured 2D Prims like trangles list

hope that helps

oo hehe, to anser your q, its a pracktes used by meny people to render a 2D Bitmap back ground, what i use is a sky dome ( it looks better )

-VBLimits
Sorry about the Spelling..

Many cards cannot perform 2D and 3D within the same window, your best bet is to scrap DDraw and use 3D triangle strips or D3DXSprite to blit the 2D textures.
The donuts3D sample app in the DX8SDK does this, refer to that.

Downloads:  ZeroOne Realm

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!