why it identifies only IDirectDraw and not IDirectDraw7?

Started by
4 comments, last by Gilzu 22 years, 7 months ago
i guess the question says it all i havd DX8 i included ddraw.h but it still defies the existance of IDirectDraw7, IDirectDrawSurface7 ect. i have a full program working w/IDirectDraw does it mean it works w/older code? should i bother poking around for IDirectDraw7 to work? help? Gil
[email=gil@gilzu.com]Gil Zussman[/email]Check out Goose Chase, Coming this fall!http://www.gilzu.com
Advertisement
this problem has happened to a lotta people, including me. visual c++ (and other compilers i think) already have directx libraries included in the Compiler.../include and .../lib directories. just replace them with the new ones.

u see, the compiler looks in the standard libraries first, even if u tell it to look in other folders for ur new files. hope this helps
~~KaMiKaZ~~
+<--->+With your feet in the air and your head on the groundTry this trick and spin it, yeahYour head will collapseBut there's nothing in it And you'll ask yourselfWhere is my mind+<--->+
In VC++ you can go to Tools->Options->Directories
enter the directx sdk include and lib directory in there and move them up above the VC entries this way VC++ will look in your directx directories first
Felix9x: yea, ive noticed that

but, there seem to be a problem
now that everything is supposebly right,
my application has SLOWER(!) framerate...
GRRR
anyone w/idea why?
Gil
[email=gil@gilzu.com]Gil Zussman[/email]Check out Goose Chase, Coming this fall!http://www.gilzu.com
Because

DX8 is slower then DX7
DX7 that is slower than DX6
DX6 is slower then DX5
....etc etc

Every new version of DX has more features but is also a lot slower then the previous version,

Hopefully The New PC Hardware will help solve this new dumb programmers problem ...until a certin point....

obysoft
No, later versions of DX are NOT slower than old ones. Hardware drivers are tuned for the version of DX that was available at the time. Get the latest drivers for your card.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement