• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KaMiKaZ

Distribution Delimma (corny name, sry)

This topic is 6254 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi!, i have microsoft visual c++ 6.0 introductory edition (came with "Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus") and I need to send a program to some1 by email. but the introductory edition doesn''t allow this (says "cannot distribute" when compiles) and i need a way to get around this. i am by no means a hacker, and i would buy the full version if i could afford it (but im saving up for a laptop) so i need a quick fix, or maybe a permanent one. any suggestions? thanx, ~~KaMiKaZ~~

Advertisement
yeah, i guess i could switch compilers, but i''ve gotten used to visual c++... also, if i did switch compilers, would i havta rewrite a lotta code?
thanx,
~~KaMiKaZ~~

You may want to look into the microsoft student licenses, they are very useful. You can get Visual Studio 6 ( yes, ALL of them -VC++, VB, J++, foxpro etc ) for £70, which is great considering it''s the professional versions of them all. Nearly anyone can apply, if your in school, full-time or part-time, in collage or uni, are the parents of somebody who is in the above, or are a teacher, you can get one!

You can download a version of the Intel Performance Compiler (5.0) from Intel''s website. This compiler integrates seamlessly (annying buzzword, but it''s appropriate here) into the Visual C++ IDE. Translation: Download the Intel Performance Compiler and Install it. Then in Visual C++ choose "Select Compiler" from the "Tools" menu and choose the Intel Compiler. From then on, it behaves almost exactly like Microsoft''s, and it generates faster code, too! And, your primary concern, it doesn''t put that messagebox at the beginning of your programs.

Plase note that the compiler is time-limited; it will only ru for a certain number of days (90, I think). This problem can be solved too. The official method would be to buy the compiler. I''ll leave you and the system clock to figure out another one.

wow, thanks for all the replies! i think im gonna try to sell some stuff off ebay (visual basic 6.0 w/ 2-3 books) and use that money to buy a used visual c++ 6.0 standard... or, if that doesn''t work, i''ll just try that student program thing.
thanx a lot
~~KaMiKaZ~~
<><
some like to quote the great moo.
too bad he''s partially on your mustache
got milk?
<><

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!